GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

cross sections options

Dirk

What version of GMS are you using? In 7.1 you should see a cross section appear in the project explorer. If you turn off your mesh element face you should be able to see the cross section.

It doesn't work for me, either. I have the latest GMS 7.1. I can see the cross section in the mesh, but when I deselect the mesh, the cross section also disappears.

By deselect the mesh, I assume you mean turning off the check box in the project explorer. If the 3D mesh is unchecked in the project explorer then none of the 3D mesh data is displayed. If you go into the display options for 3D meshes and make sure that element faces are turned off you should be able to see the cross section.

By deselect the mesh, I assume you mean turning off the check box in the project explorer. If the 3D mesh is unchecked in the project explorer then none of the 3D mesh data is displayed. If you go into the display options for 3D meshes and make sure that element faces are turned off you should be able to see the cross section.

So even though the cross section is still checked in the project explorer, it doesn't display. Who would have guessed?