GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

interpolate bathymetry data to mesh

harjadig

Hi Harjadi,

I think you should do a couple of the tutorials related to the model you are working with. They will give you a start on doing some of these basic things in SMS.

The best way to get bathymetric data to a mesh is to get data into the scatter module and interpolate it to the mesh. You can setup the polygons to interpolate the bathymetry as the mesh gets created or interpolate it after the fact. I recommend setting up the polygons in case you want to change your coverage data and recreate the mesh later.

To setup the polygons for interpolation, use the select polygon tool and double click on a polygon. There will be an section for bathymetry. Specify that you want to interpolate the bathymetry and click on the options button to choose the specific dataset to use.

Dear support team,

How to add bathymetri data to mesh and i want to make countor of this mesh based on bath data.?

I must input mannualy to each node in mesh?

thank's in advanced

harjadi

Dear support team,

How to add bathymetri data to mesh and i want to make countor of this mesh based on bath data.?

I must input mannualy to each node in mesh?

thank's in advanced

harjadi

Harjadi,

There are tutorials that show how to do this, the documentation should be in your SMS folder.

Basically what you would do is import xyz data points into SMS and interpolate them to the mesh. The following link will help http://www.xmswiki.com/xms/SMS:Mesh_Generation

Cheers,

Cameron