Jump to content
GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About cansudemir

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

795 profile views
  1. Hi, I have been using Modflow-usg and made successful runs. However, there are still many bugs in USG since it's still in development. Therefore I wanted to switch to Modflow with the same data set. I have 20336 cells with cell size of 150m in x and y direction, HK and starting head values were assigned to the model from 2-D scatter data- Interpolate to Modflow. When all the conceptual model data is converted to modflow, all the things look fine (as they were before in the modflow-usg, everything is same). Simulation check is not giving any errors. However, when I run the model I continuo
  2. Hello, I am having a serious problem with the observations in my transient model. The observation wells have measurement data from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Each well has different measurement dates. Some wells have measurement of all years but some of them have less. When I run the model and plotted computed vs observed graph, in the view values part I see observations of different months and years. For example, in the plot of 16.03.2013 there are some observation values of 2009 (a well whose last observation is 2009). What is the problem? How can I erase these wells from the tim
  3. Hello dear users and the developers, I am having a problem with Transient PEST calibration (GMS version 10.2.3). My model consists of 1 layer UGrid and have boundary conditions of specified head (along the coast, 0) and GHB. I have done several PEST runs with 90 pilot points in steady state condition. It worked and got results. In the calibration window, it was showing the flow of parameters changing, the graph was being drawn. Then, I changed it to 7 years long transient model. The forward transient run with MODFLOW-USG was successfully done. But when it comes to transient PEST calibrati
  4. Hello, For a very long time, I have been trying to create a numerical model of an aquifer with complex hydrogeology (by using borehole-to-Ugrid option). I had several layers of 4 different materials. But all my efforts were trash. Because, I have never obtain a successful Modflow-usg run. They never converged. Although wetting option was on, the aquifer had so many dry cells. And these dry cells were always at same locations (not near/at the location of wells). It was meaningless. I couldn't run the PEST. So I decided to make my system more basic and created a one-layer model with HK zone
  5. cansudemir

    LPF package

    Dear @Alan Lemon, Regarding your above reply; In my case similar to above, when I assign negative values for HK zones, the run results completely wrong. With the negative values I do can create key parameters by using "initialize from model". But the model doesn't run properly. On the other hand, with positive HK values I got a successfully finished run. However in this case, I couldn't initialize the key parameters from the model and don't know how to create parameters by hand. What should I do? Should I just add new parameters? If so, how does the program understands that these paramet
  6. Hello Dear @Alan Lemon, Has the bug regarding the contour labeling for UGrid been solved? I am still using GMS 10.1.3. and have a strange kind of fear that if I download the updated versions, I won't be able to open the older versions on which my whole study depends. But this contour labeling is a serious problem for my studies right now so if this error was solved in one of the following versions of GMS I will download that. I need your help. Thank you. Best, Cansu
  7. Hi there, I'm having a problem related with assigning specified flow boundary conditions to my UGrid / Modflow-USG model. The error appears when I do the '' Map to MODFLOW'' option while converting my conceptual model to UGrid numerical model. I have read the helping document saying that If you want to use ''Specified flow boundary condition'' the UGrid must be a stacked grid. A stacked grid is one in which there is no vertical discritization of layers and the horizontal discritization of all layers is the same. (i.e. the Index of Vertical Sub-Discretization (IVSD) in the UnStructured Gr
  • Create New...