GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
motasurfing

Error Message: Error occured while trying to allocate space for spcrdy

Hi,

I started a simulation with rma2, and the model gave me the following table (please see the attached file), which tells me I have a memory error. I understand that the way to fix this is by modifying the file "r2memsize.dat" (see the another attached file) mainly "Maximum buffer size", I increased the original value from 6000000-120000000, but I keep dialing the same error.

What other information should I change?

What does mean: "Try again with a Small memory model? Do I have to change my mesh? reducing the number of elements?

Thanks in advanceoutput.txtr2memsize.txt

I have never seen this error before. It seems like it is having trouble getting a hold of that much memory. I think a "word" for RMA2 is 8 bytes on a PC. It looks like it is trying to allocate 565,794,617 words or 4,526,356,936 bytes (4.5 GB). A 32-bit process can only allocate about 2 GB of memory.

The number of nodes/elements is not unreasonable. Perhaps you can decrease the print buffer and maximum buffer size to reduce the overall amount of memory RMA2 is trying to get a hold of.

Hi,

I started a simulation with rma2, and the model gave me the following table (please see the attached file), which tells me I have a memory error. I understand that the way to fix this is by modifying the file "r2memsize.dat" (see the another attached file) mainly "Maximum buffer size", I increased the original value from 6000000-120000000, but I keep dialing the same error.

What other information should I change?

What does mean: "Try again with a Small memory model? Do I have to change my mesh? reducing the number of elements?

Thanks in advanceoutput.txtr2memsize.txt