GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
hpai

rma4 output?

probably more of a dumb question. i have been having trouble getting the solutions file (.qsl) file to appear after running the tutorial and some other models i have data for. any help here is appreciated, thanks!

henry

probably more of a dumb question. i have been having trouble getting the solutions file (.qsl) file to appear after running the tutorial and some other models i have data for. any help here is appreciated, thanks!

henry

If the file does not automatically appear, you can add it to your model. I usually drag and drop the solution file into SMS if it does not appear.

Cameron

If the file does not automatically appear, you can add it to your model. I usually drag and drop the solution file into SMS if it does not appear.

Cameron

Thanks for the reply, Cameron!

Maybe i'm misunderstanding a bit. When i run through the tutorial, there is an output folder where the solution (.qsl) file has been last updated in 2006. However if i change a parameter like the diffusion coefficient, a new output is not created- .qsl file is not adjusted (judged by the time it was last edited). Same goes for running the model without tutorials.

Thanks greatly for any help!

SMS details- v9.2

Model executable- v4.56

henry

Thanks for the reply, Cameron!

Maybe i'm misunderstanding a bit. When i run through the tutorial, there is an output folder where the solution (.qsl) file has been last updated in 2006. However if i change a parameter like the diffusion coefficient, a new output is not created- .qsl file is not adjusted (judged by the time it was last edited). Same goes for running the model without tutorials.

Thanks greatly for any help!

SMS details- v9.2

Model executable- v4.56

henry

Henry,

When you run RMA4 what does the output text say? The RMA2/4 excutables expire at a certain date and need to be updated. It will say this in the output text. After 1-1-2009 the previous version expired so you may need to update to the next version. This would be done by downloading the the updated .exe from the rma2/4 website or downloading the latest version of SMS and taking the rma2/4.exe and replacing the version you have in SMS 9.2 with the SMS 10.1 version.

Hope this helps,

Cameron

Henry,

When you run RMA4 what does the output text say? The RMA2/4 excutables expire at a certain date and need to be updated. It will say this in the output text. After 1-1-2009 the previous version expired so you may need to update to the next version. This would be done by downloading the the updated .exe from the rma2/4 website or downloading the latest version of SMS and taking the rma2/4.exe and replacing the version you have in SMS 9.2 with the SMS 10.1 version.

Hope this helps,

Cameron

Thanks, ya, i'm starting to think it's because i don't have sms 10.1 version. The only output is:

***Model Finished

And it generates the input file (.trn) but fails to generate an output. Will try to try an evaluation program to see if it works. Thanks!

henry