GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Prarxol

The index map "land use" has cell with a 0 (or negative ) value

hello friends,

I am getting a weird error like this: <The index map "land use" has cell with a 0 (or negative ) value>.

I rechecked the index map table, none of its value is zero or negative.

Could you please tell how to solve this?

I am running WMS for GSSHA model. This error appears when i check the model.

Thanks,

Prarxol

Prarxol,

I would make sure you setup the table correctly and that it is applied to the GSSHA model. Follow the example found here and more info here. If you followed all the steps in the example, try setting up a constant value for landuse and see if you still get the error.

Cheers,

Cameron

Prarxol,

I would make sure you setup the table correctly and that it is applied to the GSSHA model. Follow the example found here and more info here. If you followed all the steps in the example, try setting up a constant value for landuse and see if you still get the error.

Cheers,

Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Now, I could figure it out whats wrong with my model. In the index map, some of the cell have the minus one ("-1") value. But, I dont know how that happen. Can you tell me how that ("-1") is appeared. The minus one("-1") appears repeatedly after definite interval.

Prarxol

Hi Cameron,

Now, I could figure it out whats wrong with my model. In the index map, some of the cell have the minus one ("-1") value. But, I dont know how that happen. Can you tell me how that ("-1") is appeared. The minus one("-1") appears repeatedly after definite interval.

Prarxol

I would make sure you are using the latest build of WMS. If you are using the latest build and still get the -1's then I would contact support@aquaveo.com and explain the problem and what steps you take to have the -1's get on the grid.

Cameron

You can also manually change the values of individual cells on an index map if you don't want the "-1" values. Make sure your land use/soil data or whatever you are using to generate your index maps cover all the grid cells in your model.

I would make sure you are using the latest build of WMS. If you are using the latest build and still get the -1's then I would contact support@aquaveo.com and explain the problem and what steps you take to have the -1's get on the grid.

Cameron

Cameron,

I have already sent email about this issue to support@aquaveo.com. I am waiting for the reply.

Prarxol

You can also manually change the values of individual cells on an index map if you don't want the "-1" values. Make sure your land use/soil data or whatever you are using to generate your index maps cover all the grid cells in your model.

Chris,

Yes, I can manually change the "-1" value to appropriate value from *.idx file. But, to obtain the effect of this change (i.e. no error case), I have to close and open the file again. The file should be saved in *.prj file, NOT *.wms. I dont know why the saved *.wms doesnot work effectively when we open next time.

Prarxol

Edited by Prarxol

Prarxol,

When doing GSSHA modeling, you should not save your project as a WMS project file. You should always save your project as a GSSHA project file. I usually save a WMS project with all my pre-model data just before creating my GSSHA grid and then save a GSSHA project after creating the grid. We have plans to make this easier to manage, but this is how we recommend handling GSSHA projects right now.

Chris

Praxol,

You need to go to the 2D grid module and select any cells with a zero or a negative value and change the index map value for those cells.  That will fix the problem.  The main problem is why the cells have the zero or negative value though.  That one will be tougher to figure out; it depends on how you assigned the values to the cells.  If you are using land use/soil data, make sure the polygons containing the data cover your entire model.

Thanks,

Chris