GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anninhpham

minimum pressure head in FEMWATER

Hi,

Can any one explain what is the minimum pressure head in FEMWATER please?

When a variable flux boundary is assigned (in FEMWATER), is it necessary to specify the ponding depth and minimum pressure head (in the variable BC options)?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

Can any one explain what is the minimum pressure head in FEMWATER please?

When a variable flux boundary is assigned (in FEMWATER), is it necessary to specify the ponding depth and minimum pressure head (in the variable BC options)?

Thank you very much for your help.

There is information in the FEMWATER manual starting on page 64. You can find this manual at the following link: http://pubftp.ems-i.com/download/GMS/GMS%2...ls/Femwater.pdf

There is information in the FEMWATER manual starting on page 64. You can find this manual at the following link: http://pubftp.ems-i.com/download/GMS/GMS%2...ls/Femwater.pdf

Thank you very much for the information Chad.

However, even in page 64-65, the manual does not specify what it is (the Hm). If the soil-air interface is assigned to be a variable boundary, my model works well with the precipitation period but does not make sense with the evaporation flux. On the other hand, if the specified flux was assigned to the interface (either positive or negative values), the model works OK. Thus, I am really confused.

Is there any comment or suggestion please?

Page 65 is a very confusing page in the manual especially the last 7 lines at the bottom of the page where later statements appear to contradict earlier ones. It would be greatly appreciated by all FEMWATER users if somebody who really understands in intimate detail how the variable boundary condition works, could explain how it works better then it is explained in the manual.

Regards