Jump to content
GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

WMS crash


robross

Recommended Posts

Anyone know of any recent issues with WMS becoming unresponsive? I have a model built that was doing just fine last night, but WMS now freezes when opening. I have installed the latest update, rebooted, restarted several times, and tried copying the files to different sources, all to no avail. It reads through all of the components, and then goes blank with a rotating hourglass. I have also tried to let it take its time opening, and after 45 minutes, still no go. Any thoughts on what could have changed within the last 12 hours?

Thanks,

Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob,

Your best option is to contact tech support and they can look at the model and figure out why this problem is happening. What happens when you just read the ".map" file of your project on its own?

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will try loading the map file first thing, and in the meantime, I will send the files to tech support.

Thanks for the replies, Chris - always appreciated.

Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, loading the map file put most of the important stuff back up, and worked just fine. I had to retrieve a new TIN, and extract my cross sections again, but other than that, it seems ok. I am working on schlepping the 37 MB zip file of the model that wasn't opening to tech, just to see what was causing it to freeze.

Thanks,

Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Recently, I too have been encountering problems with WMS. In working with our IT people we have discovered that WMS is generating a temporary file folder ( WMS_####) that appears to cause the software to crash the next time you try and use it. We found that by deleting the temp file folder then rebooting your computer, WMS will function normally. For the time being this is the best solution we have found.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Russ,

I don't know if that was the same issue we had; I think we already had 8.3.3 running. I discovered that the TIN dataset was what was crashing our instance. I used the TIN to extract cross-sections, and then removed it. No problems since.

Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...