GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kflynt

SFR2 with Steady-State Simulations

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded to GMS 7.0.3 to take advantage of the SFR2 streamflow-routing package. I am trying to run my model and compare with observation wells from a steady-state period before trying to set up my transient model. The ultimate goal is to get groundwater/ surface water interaction in a one layer alluvial aquifer.

Has anyone had any luck using SFR2 in a steady-state simulation? (I see it is possible in the SFR2 documentation, but not sure how to set this in GMS).

For my first run it says it did not recognize my file as a "GMS MF2K Superfile"

I have gotten the model to converge in GMS 6.5.

Thanks for any help that might be out there!

Kristin Flynt

Graduate Student at U. of Wyoming

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded to GMS 7.0.3 to take advantage of the SFR2 streamflow-routing package. I am trying to run my model and compare with observation wells from a steady-state period before trying to set up my transient model. The ultimate goal is to get groundwater/ surface water interaction in a one layer alluvial aquifer.

Has anyone had any luck using SFR2 in a steady-state simulation? (I see it is possible in the SFR2 documentation, but not sure how to set this in GMS).

For my first run it says it did not recognize my file as a "GMS MF2K Superfile"

I have gotten the model to converge in GMS 6.5.

Thanks for any help that might be out there!

Kristin Flynt

Graduate Student at U. of Wyoming

I was able to run the MODFLOW SFR2 tutorial model. I would recommend going through the MODFLOW-SFR2Package.pdf tutorial located in C:\Program Files\GMS 7.0\tutfiles\MODFLOW. There it explains how to set up a model using the SFR2 package. You can also see a finished model that uses the SFR2 package in C:\Program Files\GMS 7.0\tutfiles\MODFLOW\trans\sample. If you need to download the tutorials, you can find them here.

• Like 1