GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
robross

Background color?

Hi all,

I just started building the base for a HEC-RAS model in WMS. I have a few questions (I don't know if these are going to be ones anyone ran into). First, my project window is teal, and my orthophotos are red. I can't seem to find any control dialogue to address this. Also, is there a way to clip the data frame to a polygon imported from ArcGIS? I'm sure this will be the first of many panicked "help!" posts.

Thanks,

Rob

Well, apparently the color issue is somehow a result of enabling Arc Objects. When the same data was brought in as imagery and shapefiles, all was well.

Rob,

I'm not sure which version of WMS you are using, I think this issue with the background color has been fixed in WMS 8.3 and maybe in WMS 8.2 also. The latest version uses the WMS background color as the background color when displaying GIS data. Previous versions would use a color defaulted by GIS.

Chris

Hey Chris,

I am using 8.2, so this might be the case. However, I think I circumvented it. Are we entitled to an upgrade to 8.3? Get any good riding in this season?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,

Yes, WMS 8.3 beta can be downloaded at the top of this page: http://www.aquaveo.com/downloads

Your WMS 8.2 license will work with WMS 8.3.

You might want to wait a couple of days to download WMS 8.3, we will be distributing the final (non-beta) version next week.

I have done some good bike riding, but not as much as I would like.

Chris

Thanks for the heads-up on the new version. It is importing Arc data with no interesting colors.

Rob