GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hydrology

GMS 7.0.2 and Windows 7 64bit Pro

GMS 7.0.2 will not run in Windows 7 64bit Pro unless you install the Microsoft VC++ 2008 Redistributale Package. I was getting the following SidebySide error:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Software\Hydrologic\GMS7\GMS70.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

After doing some research on the web, I found out that a module necessary for the program to run was not included in the exe file. That module is included in the VC++ package. You can download a copy of the package from the microsoft web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

After I downloaded this, the program seemed to run ok.

Thank you for the information. We are working to support Windows 7. I will pass along the information you found to those in charge of building the installation packages.

• Like 1