Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joel

Problem with Splitting BOUSS2D Cellstrings in SMS10.1

7 posts in this topic

Hi SMS Team/Users

We are experiencing a problem with SMS 10.1 (using SMS10.1.1), whereby we are not able to manually split a bouss2d cell string. This problem is occurring on two separate machines that we have SMS 10.1 installed on. When we select a grid node and try to split the string, SMS locks up for a period of time, before an error box pops up, with no information (just an OK button) – see screen grab attached.

After this happens, SMS will not allow us to do anything (not even save). I have attached a zip file with a project where this error occurs. It happens on small and large grids.

For anyone else experiencing this problem, we are working around this by splitting cell strings in SMS 9.2, and then transferring back to SMS 10.1, but this is abviously not ideal.

Cheers

Joel

Bouss2D Cellstring Test.zip

post-290-12580999998_thumb.jpg

To any other users experiencing this problem, I have received a reply from Aquaveo support confirming the bug, and indicating it should be fixed in the next update. Thanks to Aquaveo support for getting back to me, I look forward to the update.

Cheers

Joel

Thank you Joel. We are having the same problem and we didn't know what happened. I hope that this is solved soon

Joel et al,

This problem has been resolved in the latest version of SMS 10.1.

1 person likes this

Dear colleagues:

I have got exactly the same problem in SMS 10.1 64 bits.

Since I can't wait for the problem fixed, I have built several cellstrings directly over the "automatic" one. Once I have finished buildinbg the "splitted" cellstrings I deleted the "automatic". This is not very comfortable, but works.

Anyway, fixing the problem will be wonderful!!

Merry Christmas,

Jose

Jose,

What is the build date of the version of SMS you are using (See Help | About)?

Thank you,

John

I'm using SMS v10.1.1 (build date Jan 24, 2010) and can't split a cell string. I select the cell string, choose "Cellstring" from the menu, and then find that "Split" and "Merge" are grayed out.

Can't seem to do it in SMS v11.0.00 (Build date Sept 20, 2011) either.