GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
kgsw

Problem with "Import GeoSection From XML" tool

Hi,

I have downloaded the free trial version of AHGW 2.0 Full Instalation and now been trying some of the tutorials. When I run on "Import GeoSection From XML" tool" from AHGW\Subsurface Analyst\3D Import, I have this message "There is no parameter". If I continue with OK button, the ArcMap shuts down with no notice.

I think there is a fundamental problem with the tool model settings.

It will be very kind if someone could advice on this problem.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have downloaded the free trial version of AHGW 2.0 Full Instalation and now been trying some of the tutorials. When I run on "Import GeoSection From XML" tool" from AHGW\Subsurface Analyst\3D Import, I have this message "There is no parameter". If I continue with OK button, the ArcMap shuts down with no notice.

I think there is a fundamental problem with the tool model settings.

It will be very kind if someone could advice on this problem.

Thanks.

What is in your environment settings for "Arc Hydro GW Settings", "Arc Hydro GW Document" in Arc Toolbox? You will need to specify an Arc Hydro GW Document first before the tool works.

You can do this by first running the "Create Groundwater Config" tool, which is found under "Arc Hydro Groundwater Tools" in the "Setup" toolset.

What is in your environment settings for "Arc Hydro GW Settings", "Arc Hydro GW Document" in Arc Toolbox? You will need to specify an Arc Hydro GW Document first before the tool works.

You can do this by first running the "Create Groundwater Config" tool, which is found under "Arc Hydro Groundwater Tools" in the "Setup" toolset.

I missed opening the Groundwater Config also on ArcScene. Thank you for reminding me. Now it's working well!

I missed opening the Groundwater Config also on ArcScene. Thank you for reminding me. Now it's working well!

I am having the exact same problem, but I have opened a groundwater config (boreholes.gwd in the tutorial), and still when I open up Import GeoSection from XML, it says "This tool has no parameters". However, if I open up Import GeoVolume from XML it works perfectly.

I am having the exact same problem, but I have opened a groundwater config (boreholes.gwd in the tutorial), and still when I open up Import GeoSection from XML, it says "This tool has no parameters". However, if I open up Import GeoVolume from XML it works perfectly.

Please verify that the groundwater configuration file is set in the environment settings. Right click on a blank part of Arc Toolbox, and choose "Environments...". Then, look in "Arc Hydro GW Settings", "Arc Hydro GW Document". Make sure that the configuration file you are using is listed there, and that the path to the file is correct. If it isn't correct or nothing is listed, then just click on the open button to the right and browse for your file.

Import GeoSection from XML needs to read the groundwater configuration file to work, and it needs to be set in the Environment settings. If it can't read it, then you'll get the message about the tool having no parameters. Import GeoVolume from XML does not need to read the groundwater configuration file to work, so it will load properly each time.

If those steps still do not work for you, then run the Create Groundwater Config tool, found in the "Arc Hydro Groundwater Tools" toolbox, Setup toolset.