GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattT

RMA4 pollutant loading

I need some help with a pollutant loading case in RMA4. I am familiar with the loading of elements using the BLE card and realize the loading is mass/second. however, I need to inject a point source pollutant at a certain concentration (in parts per million) instantaneously (for one minute). (I assume the only way to do this is to create timesteps on the order of 1 minute). Is it possible to convert the ppm loading into a mass/time loading? Also, is point source loading still available in SMS? THe older versions of SMS allowed the user to inject a pollutant at a node, element, string, etc. But now it appears it is either an element (through the BLE card) or a nodestring.

Thanks for the help.

I need some help with a pollutant loading case in RMA4. I am familiar with the loading of elements using the BLE card and realize the loading is mass/second. however, I need to inject a point source pollutant at a certain concentration (in parts per million) instantaneously (for one minute). (I assume the only way to do this is to create timesteps on the order of 1 minute). Is it possible to convert the ppm loading into a mass/time loading? Also, is point source loading still available in SMS? THe older versions of SMS allowed the user to inject a pollutant at a node, element, string, etc. But now it appears it is either an element (through the BLE card) or a nodestring.

Thanks for the help.

Matt,

In SMS 10.1 you are allowed to enter in a point source at a node in ppm. All you need to do is select the node, go to the RMA4 pull down menu and select "Assign BC". This will allow you to enter a constant value or a transient value.

Cameron