GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
US_AA

Grid creation

Hi,

Currently I am working on a project, where it is necessary to differentiate the resolution in particular areas. In that case, I was told, I need to buy MapInfo Professional!? Is that true? Can anyone recommend me refenrences or tutorials dealing with this subject?

The second question is, if it is possible to use a non-rectangular (irregular) "Grid" or however this is called for my simulation?

The model I am using is TUFLOW.

Thanks for your assistance!

Hi,

The way to get higher resolutions in specific areas is to use the multiple 2D domains. This is supported in SMS and does not require MapInfo. I'm not sure what we have for tutorials on this feature currently. Please contact technical support and we will try to get you something to work from.

TUFLOW only supports rectangular grids with square cells. The are other models that allow this like RMA2 and FESWMS. However, TUFLOW is often preferred because of its speed and stability. The multiple 2D domains feature provides some of the same benefits as an irregular grid.

Rusty

Hi,

Currently I am working on a project, where it is necessary to differentiate the resolution in particular areas. In that case, I was told, I need to buy MapInfo Professional!? Is that true? Can anyone recommend me refenrences or tutorials dealing with this subject?

The second question is, if it is possible to use a non-rectangular (irregular) "Grid" or however this is called for my simulation?

The model I am using is TUFLOW.

Thanks for your assistance!