GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
sheraz

Error msg for WMS 7.1

Dear

I am using WMS 7.1 on-1 Ghz processor and 1 GB Ram-machine. i have larger area of .5 million sq km. While i try to convert the shape file of Landuse to coverage then an error msg is generated "This machine doesnot have enough memory to continue the operation. Save ur data and exit. (utHash Tableinit)" . The land cover shapefile is of 66MB data. What to do with this error? Also while i load the saved project it takes about 4 hrs to load all the data- DEM, Drainage,Soil etc. Pls comment on this as well

Regards

Sheraz Ahsan

post-930-1243316299_thumb.jpg

We no longer offer support for WMS 7.1 as we're now three versions past that. While I can't guarantee this problem is resolved in later versions, in order to receive support, you would need to upgrade to WMS 8.2. Doing this will give you access to a year's worth of updates, upgrades, and technical support.

In the meantime,I can offer a few suggestions. Since you have such a large area, you could reduce the amount of memory you're using by thinning the DEM in the Import DEM dialog. As for the land use conversion, you could try selecting just the portion of the shapefile that overlaps your watershed and converting that to a land use coverage. A lot of times, the land use shapefiles are much larger than necessary, so by clipping the data, you won't need to use as much memory.

We no longer offer support for WMS 7.1 as we're now three versions past that. While I can't guarantee this problem is resolved in later versions, in order to receive support, you would need to upgrade to WMS 8.2. Doing this will give you access to a year's worth of updates, upgrades, and technical support.

In the meantime,I can offer a few suggestions. Since you have such a large area, you could reduce the amount of memory you're using by thinning the DEM in the Import DEM dialog. As for the land use conversion, you could try selecting just the portion of the shapefile that overlaps your watershed and converting that to a land use coverage. A lot of times, the land use shapefiles are much larger than necessary, so by clipping the data, you won't need to use as much memory.

Dear

Thanks for giving the value able suggestion.

Pls let me know how to convert/import/save the TOPAZ file to Shape file in ArcGIS