GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimmygriffey

Question about cgwave

Hi:

I gor the error message below, what doesi this mean? And how can I fix the problem?

"RK(100,200)= 0.000000000000000E+000 0.000000000000000E+000

Reading Error from Input Files, ERROR IOE= 1

"

Thank you...

Kevin

RK stands for the Wave Number ansd is equal to 2*PI/Wave Length. It looks like the RK line might be printing out regardless and not the source of the error because there is a comment that says "for code testing". Here is a section of the code:

WRITE(*,*) 'RK(100,200)=',RK(100),RK(200) ! for code testing.

The error may be caused by a problem with your boundary nodestrings. Please verify that your nodestrings have been created correctly and that they are not missing nodes or overlapping.

- John

RK stands for the Wave Number ansd is equal to 2*PI/Wave Length. It looks like the RK line might be printing out regardless and not the source of the error because there is a comment that says "for code testing". Here is a section of the code:

WRITE(*,*) 'RK(100,200)=',RK(100),RK(200) ! for code testing.

The error may be caused by a problem with your boundary nodestrings. Please verify that your nodestrings have been created correctly and that they are not missing nodes or overlapping.

- John

I have another question. CGwave can give time-series sufface elevation, but when it can only run one wave cycle. Can you increase the time beyond one wave cycle? Thanks.

Kevin