GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GMS User

Modflow 2k run error

I set up a modflow running model.

When I attend to run PEST with pilot points (xy data) for HK values I get an error, missing *_os file.

I get back to Modflow forward run, clear parameters row with pilot points, set up a standard HK coverage and run modflow. I get this error "Error opening data set: Points/index/weights".

I understand that the model is looking for parameters but I can't avoid Modflow for searching for that kind of data.

How can I solve it?

Is there a way to manually edit modflow files to get rid of that error?

Thanks,

D Lattuada

I set up a modflow running model.

When I attend to run PEST with pilot points (xy data) for HK values I get an error, missing *_os file.

I get back to Modflow forward run, clear parameters row with pilot points, set up a standard HK coverage and run modflow. I get this error "Error opening data set: Points/index/weights".

I understand that the model is looking for parameters but I can't avoid Modflow for searching for that kind of data.

How can I solve it?

Is there a way to manually edit modflow files to get rid of that error?

Thanks,

D Lattuada

Lattuada,

Make sure in the MODFLOW|Parameters dialog there are no parameters set, you can delete them.

Make sure you have mapped over the hk coverage to MODFLOW by right clicking on the coverage and selecting map to MODFLOW.

Make sure you saved the model after this before you run it.

Cameron