GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zeky

wave transmission in CGWAVE

In CGWAVE, you can assign boundary conditions only as reflection coefficient, but I wonder how close is assigning the floating barrier for the permeable structure, e.g. for baffled breakwater?

Thanks

Page 40 of the CGWAVE manual (August 1998) describes the equations used for floating docks within the computational domain - formulation of Tsay & Liu (1983). I suppose a floating barrier could be used to dissipate energy, but I can't think of why you would want to use that approach rather than a reflection coefficient.

- John

Page 40 of the CGWAVE manual (August 1998) describes the equations used for floating docks within the computational domain - formulation of Tsay & Liu (1983). I suppose a floating barrier could be used to dissipate energy, but I can't think of why you would want to use that approach rather than a reflection coefficient.

- John

E.g., for transmissible (permeable) breakwaters, there are both a reflective and a transmissive component of wave. When it is buffled breakwater, it is very close to fixed floating dock, so I wonder if there is some experimental data about that....