GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Silke

extent of mesh elements

Hello!

I am just starting to use sms and therefore I have the following question:

Is it possible to get informations about the extent of the biggest and mainly about the smallest element of my mesh? How?

Can anybody help me please? Thanks a lot!

Silke

If I understand right, you would like to know the approximate size of your mesh elements from the largest to the smallest.

If you go to Data->Create Data sets, you can create a dataset of grid size. This will give each node the dataset value for the average length of the attached element edges.

If you right click on the dataset, you can get information about the dataset the min and max values will be approximate min and max edge lengths in your mesh. You can also contour this dataset.

Hello!

I am just starting to use sms and therefore I have the following question:

Is it possible to get informations about the extent of the biggest and mainly about the smallest element of my mesh? How?

Can anybody help me please? Thanks a lot!

Silke

If I understand right, you would like to know the approximate size of your mesh elements from the largest to the smallest.

If you go to Data->Create Data sets, you can create a dataset of grid size. This will give each node the dataset value for the average length of the attached element edges.

If you right click on the dataset, you can get information about the dataset the min and max values will be approximate min and max edge lengths in your mesh. You can also contour this dataset.

Thanks a lot for your reply! This is a useful information. But is there also the possibility to get informations about the area of the elements?

There isn't an easy way to get the area for all elements - the only way currently is to select each element. You can echo the area to a file or to the window in the info options (File | Info Options).

There isn't an easy way to get the area for all elements - the only way currently is to select each element. You can echo the area to a file or to the window in the info options (File | Info Options).

Thank you very much for your reply!

Silke