GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimmygriffey

BC in the CMS flow

Hi:

I run the CMS-flow with morphology changes, and I have the file (CGrid_morph), but I can't open it with error message ( Erro importing 2D scatter set). How to solve this issue? And in the CMS-flow model, is it necessary to assign boundary? (Can I not assign the BC and still run the model?) and suppose that I have a rectangular domain, and the BC is set to the top of the domain, can I do that? or I need to have a closed boundary? Thank you. The forum helps me a lot.

Kevin

I run the CMS-flow with morphology changes, and I have the file (CGrid_morph), but I can't open it with error message (Error importing 2D scatter set). How to solve this issue?

Please contact Technical Support and send them your files for further investigation.

And in the CMS-flow model, is it necessary to assign boundary? (Can I not assign the BC and still run the model?)

If you do not assign boundary conditions what are you asking the model to solve? CMS-Flow is a finite-volume model which requires boundary conditions.

suppose that I have a rectangular domain, and the BC is set to the top of the domain, can I do that? or I need to have a closed boundary?

The grid boundaries can be assigned any boundary type. The direction of flow within the domain is not required to be in any particular direction However, the grid I direction should be close to the World X direction.