GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zak

RT3D - SPECIFIED FLOW SINK/SOURCE PACKAGES NOT CONSISTENT...

I'm trying to get an RT3D model up and running and am having an issue - when I go to run the model I get the message: "WARNING: SPECIFIED FLOW SINK/SOURCE PACKAGES NOT CONSISTENT WITH THOSE IN FLOW-TRANSPORT LINK FILE", and then the executable crashes. The flow model has constant head cells (or time variable specified head as they now seem to be called), and it seems like the transport model is not recognizing them - when I go to the SSM dialog, the constant head button under the "initialize source/sink terms from modflow" is grayed out. Here's text from the RT3D output file:

FMI3 -- FLOW MODEL INTERFACE PACKAGE, VER DoD_3.0, JUNE 1998, INPUT READ FROM UNIT 10

FLOW SOLUTION IS STEADY-STATE

SINK/SOURCE COMPONENTS INCLUDED IN FLOW MODEL:

o WELL

o RECHARGE

o RIVER OR STREAM

o CONSTANT-HEAD CELLS

SSM3 -- SINK & SOURCE MIXING PACKAGE, VER DoD_3.0, JUNE 1998, INPUT READ FROM UNIT 4

MAJOR STRESS COMPONENTS PRESENT IN THE FLOW MODEL:

1 WELL

2 RECHARGE

3 RIVER/STREAM

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF POINT SINKS/SOURCES = 2772

I've tried inserting a dummy constant head source, but I get the same error. MT3D works fine holding all other aspects constant. Any ideas?

Here's the text from the working MT3D run:

FMI5 -- FLOW MODEL INTERFACE PACKAGE, VERSION 5, FEBRUARY 2005, INPUT READ FROM UNIT 10

FLOW MODEL IS STEADY-STATE

FLOW MODEL CONTAINS CONSTANT-HEAD CELLS

SSM5 -- SINK & SOURCE MIXING PACKAGE, VERSION 5, FEBRUARY 2005, INPUT READ FROM UNIT 4

HEADER LINE OF THE SSM PACKAGE INPUT FILE:

F F T F F F

MAJOR STRESS COMPONENTS PRESENT IN THE FLOW MODEL:

o WELL

o RECHARGE

o RIVER

Maybe the problem is the flow model interface package version? I'm running v6.5 with the 2/09 update.

Thanks