GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
walkington

Outputting Pictures

Hi,

Is there any way to set the resolution of pictures obtained through SMS? At the moment I am having to capture the image using ctrl+c and then pasting it into an image package. The resolution is only 96dpi which isn't good enough, apparently, for the journal we are trying to publish in:(

So any ideas on how to get nice high quality pictures of the results for use in publications?

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

You can experiment with the Copy to Clipboard scale factor in the General tab in the display options. The higher this factor the greater the resolution. We have found however that most machines get an error if you set this scale factor much higher than 3 or 4 but feel free to experiment and hopefully you can find something that works for your publication.

Chad

XMS Technical support

support@aquaveo.com

Hi,

Unfortunately when I paste the picture into my simple graphics package it still plots it in 96 dpi whatever magnifaction factor I use, it just makes a larger picture with the extra pixels. I am now wondering whether a better graphics package would allow me to just change the dpi resolution and therefore just make the picture dimensions smaller.

Ian

Hi,

Thanks John. In the end I used a better graphics package which allowed me to resize and resample the pictures up to the right dpi that they were after.

Thanks

Ian