GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Doug D

Getting fort.59 file using hotstart

I can get RMA2 to write a nodal listing file (fort.59) using the TRN and TR cards when I cold start. But when I use a hotstart or the steering module, the fort.59 will not be written. What is the best solution for this?

Thanks. I'm using SMS 10.0.

Doug

I can get RMA2 to write a nodal listing file (fort.59) using the TRN and TR cards when I cold start. But when I use a hotstart or the steering module, the fort.59 will not be written. What is the best solution for this?

Doug

I think I figured it out. The IBUP column in the $L card needs to be 1 (or not zero) so that it uses the .bc file to run RMA2. And the ISPRT column needs to be 1 (or not zero) so the nodal summary listing (fort.59) can be written.

Doug

But it still will not write when only using the steering module. I can just run the steering module until I get the solution, then run RMA2 with the last hotstart file to get the nodal listing output file.

Doug,

I have reported your issue for further investigation and requested that this post be updated when the problem is resolved.

Thank you,

John

If I understand correctly, I think you can setup this functionality in SMS and it works with the steering module.

To set it up:

Turn on "Write summary by node file" in the Files tab of RMA2

Select the nodes you want included, right click and assign BC and toggle "Include in node summary file" so it is on

After doing this RMA2 wrote a file named project_name.sum that included information about these nodes. This file was created when using the steering module or running manually.

Please give this a try and let me know if you still have problems or if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

But it still will not write when only using the steering module. I can just run the steering module until I get the solution, then run RMA2 with the last hotstart file to get the nodal listing output file.