Lola

ADCIRC ErrorElev

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am running ADCIRC and am continually getting the **ERROR: Elevation.gt.ErrorElev, ADCIRC stopping**. I am not sure what this means and have been unable to find any info on the error. Does anyone have any experience with this?

My mesh includes negative elevations (represented land)....possibly a factor?

Thanks!

Hi,

The Elev Error just means that your grid is unstable and you will need to remake one, or fiddle with it to get it to work. Exactly how you need to change the grid is something that I am trying to find out as I am having the same problems <_<

Ian

Hi,

Maybe someone could tell me why my latest failed grid blows up on a forced boundary node. Surely as the node is specified as a tidal constituent ocean boundary it must remain finite? Why idoes it blow up and what is it actually trying to tell me?

Thanks

Ian

Hi,

I am running ADCIRC and getting a ** WARNING: Elevation.gt.WarnElev ** in the time steps 29, 30 and 31 and the **ERROR: Elevation.gt.ErrorElev, ADCIRC stopping** at time step 32. How did you solve your problem? Apparently the mesh doesn't seem to have problems in the nodes mentioned by the program, with logical bathymetry values! Should it be related with the mesh or with the tidal forcing?

Thanks,

Amy

I am currently having the same issue with my model.

Has anyone found a solution or could help me by giving me direction in what could be the problem?

Hi all,

The main issue with the "Elevation.gt.ErrorElev.ADCIRC stopping" message is that the model is becoming unstable. Instability in a model can be caused by many different factors. It could be due to poor elevation interpolation but there can also be many other factors, like the bathymetry data. In the past, we have had success using LTEA to generate the mesh, running shorter simulations and experimenting with the values of the Tidal constituents and what your convergence criteria is.

For more information on LTEA, you can go to our wiki and our tutorial for ADCIRC LTEA Meshing. I would also recommend activating the 'Mesh Quality' option, so you can more easily visualize elements that may be creating problems for your model. Information on that can be found here.

Regards,

Kyle