GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pantelis

MODMAN v4.0 / Exporting in Modflow '96 file format

Hello everybody....

Does anyone has ever work with Modman v4.0 because i have many problems combining it with Modflow 2000 of GMS..

Problems that regards the formats of Modflow files that Modman requires so as to colaborate with Modlow....and problems that regards the expansions of Modman's dimensions as stress periods, managed wells...

Hello everybody....

Does anyone has ever work with Modman v4.0 because i have many problems combining it with Modflow 2000 of GMS..

Problems that regards the formats of Modflow files that Modman requires so as to colaborate with Modlow....and problems that regards the expansions of Modman's dimensions as stress periods, managed wells...

What is the nature of your problem?

What is the nature of your problem?

I want to use Modman v4.0 (the latest version) for an optimization problem which is :

I want to find the Maximum Rate of all my extraction wells so as the water table of my aquifer do not fall below 0m.

So : Max(Q1+Q2+Q3+.......+Qn)

H1>0

H2>0

H3>0

Hn>0

where,

Qi is the extracted rate of well i

Hi is the hydraulic head on cell of well i.

So my problem is that Modman v4.0 works only with Modflow '96 --> http://www.geotransinc.com but GMS 6.5 has Modflow 2000. This has as a conclusion the output files of Modflow 2000 to have different format of the output files of Modflow '96. But Modman v.4.0 reads as input only the output files of Modflow '96. Is there any way to save my project in Modflow '96 format although i work with Modflow 2000?

Also i cant find the way ηος το Increase the dimensions of Modman through the file INCLUDE.COM

As you can see my problems are very specific and only a person that has worked on Modman can solve...

So can you suggest me someone???

Is there any way to save my project in Modflow '96 format although i work with Modflow 2000?

Currently in GMS there is not a way to export to MODFLOW 96. We've had some recent discussions about this, however, and it's on our todo list.