GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sergio76

instantaneous source error

sergio76    0

hi, i got instantaneous source not in domain error in my PTM simulation. I checked the coordinates of the source and they are in the domain. I've not understood what is the reason of that problem. In other simulations (with different hydrodinamic solutions) this error does not appear.

Is this related to the conversion of the solution of ADCIRC from geo to UTM?

John Howlett    53

Sergio,

Are you trying to run PTM in Geographic or UTM coordinates? The horizontal and vertical coordinates used for all PTM input files must be in meters. Geographic Coordinates cannot be used since it is a latitude/longitude system defined in decimal degrees.

http://xmswiki.com/wiki/SMS:PTM#Using_the_...Practical_Notes

What version of PTM are you using? The latest version is Version 2.0 Build 034 (18/Sep/2009).

- John

sergio76    0
Sergio,

Are you trying to run PTM in Geographic or UTM coordinates? The horizontal and vertical coordinates used for all PTM input files must be in meters. Geographic Coordinates cannot be used since it is a latitude/longitude system defined in decimal degrees.

http://xmswiki.com/wiki/SMS:PTM#Using_the_...Practical_Notes

What version of PTM are you using? The latest version is Version 2.0 Build 034 (18/Sep/2009).

- John

Hi john thank you for your reply:

i used UTM coordinates. I think something happened in the conversion.

P.S: where can i download the new PTM exe?

John Howlett    53

Sergio,

The latest PTM exe is included in the SMS 10.0 software update available from the following sites:

Aquaveo Download Site

XMS Forum

If you are able to reproduce the problem using the latest PTM, please let us know.

- John