GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chiara

Using ArcGIS with SMS results

Hi all,

Does SMS have any additional functions that may be usable when an ArcGIS licence is available? I am specifically interested in manipulating RMA2 2D flood results for presentation purposes.

Chiara,

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are asking. You may find the following useful for creating presentations though:

* Export to Google Earth - http://xmswiki.com/wiki/KMZ_files

* Export to AVI - http://xmswiki.com/wiki/SMS:Animations

Hi all,

Does SMS have any additional functions that may be usable when an ArcGIS licence is available? I am specifically interested in manipulating RMA2 2D flood results for presentation purposes.

Hi Chiara

We are using SMS with ArcGIS almost everyday. We are exporting the 2D flood results with the "zonal classification" feature in SMS. The results, which are saved as map coverages in SMS, can you save as shape files and now add as new layers in ArcGIS. The flow depth is also saved as an attribute in the shape file.

greetz

Chris

Hi Chiara

We are using SMS with ArcGIS almost everyday. We are exporting the 2D flood results with the "zonal classification" feature in SMS. The results, which are saved as map coverages in SMS, can you save as shape files and now add as new layers in ArcGIS. The flow depth is also saved as an attribute in the shape file.

greetz

Chris

Chris,

Thanks alot for your tip to get SMS results into ArcGIS. I can now manipulate 2D model results in ArcGIS.

Thanks again!

:)