GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bj_dri

opening projects which contain GIS data

I seem to be having problems opening projects which contain GIS data (I think its only when GIS data is present). I am new to SMS, having worked with some tutorials only before today. I have had no problems opening saved files with tutorials.

When trying to open SMS 10.0 when a GIS file is in the project I get the following error message:

"SMS 10.0 - [untitled.sms]: sms100.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812aeb."

It doesn't matter if I hit ok or cancel, SMS closes and I am unable to access the previously created project. This seems to be confined only to projects which have GIS files. But, I am not sure about that. I have worked with tutorials, saved the projects and re-opened them without any problem.

I am using is registered/enabled version of SMS 10.0 from a disc purchased last fall. I downloaded the latest software update 10.0.10 before starting.

I have a licensed version of ArcMap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Please contact Technical Support and send them your files. Once we have your files we will be able to investigate further.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to read in the individual portions of your project (minus the GIS files) instead of using the .sms file to read in everything at once.