GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
A. Puelma

Intermediate restart

I'd like to know what is "intermediate restart" in RMA2/Model control/Timing/Computation time.

I'm asking because I used it supposing that is was something like resolving each time step as it was a steady state simulation. Am I clear?

It seems that for every new time step the solution of the previous one is taken as the initial condition. What I would like to do is to run each time step as independent from the previous, i.e. a ‘steady-state-like simulation’.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Andrés

I'd like to know what is "intermediate restart" in RMA2/Model control/Timing/Computation time.

I'm asking because I used it supposing that is was something like resolving each time step as it was a steady state simulation. Am I clear?

It seems that for every new time step the solution of the previous one is taken as the initial condition. What I would like to do is to run each time step as independent from the previous, i.e. a ‘steady-state-like simulation’.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Andrés

The purpose of the intermediate start is to take previous solutions to help a model converge. This is useful when you are spinning down a model and did not use the steering module.

There is not an option in SMS where you can have RMA2 run many times like you want. You would have to run each model separately by changing the input parameters.

Cameron