GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rublo

initial condition in M2D

What version of SMS are you using?

In the CMS-Flow (M2D) model control, you can specify a Hot Start file be written at a specific time or at a specified interval.

What version of SMS are you using?

In the CMS-Flow (M2D) model control, you can specify a Hot Start file be written at a specific time or at a specified interval.

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using SMS 9.2 and I would use a solution of ADCIRC for initial condition of M2D.

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using SMS 9.2 and I would use a solution of ADCIRC for initial condition of M2D.

You can use ADCIRC solution information to provide boundary condition forcing for CMS-Flow (M2D). Some limited assistance can be found at http://xmswiki.com/xms/SMS:CMS-Flow_Graphical_Interface.

The boundary condition option desired is either "WSE-Forcing" or "WSE and Velocity-forcing". From there you would choose to "Extract (from a Regional Model)". Make sure your ADCIRC grid and solution are loaded and in the same coordinate system as your CMS-Flow (M2D) model. Once the information has been extracted and applied to the CMS-Flow boundary condition cellstrings, you should continue to set up any additional forcing and the simulation parameters.

At this time you cannot use ADCIRC simulation information to actually create an initial condition (.m2i or .h5), but I think using the ADCIRC solution as forcing for the smaller domain is the way to go.