GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
walkington

LTEA Gridding

Hi,

I have been trying to generate a grid that will actually run and haven't as yet managed to generate one that will run with a resolution of less than about 1km. Anyway I looked at the LTEA gridding option and thought that that might help. I have yet to get the program to run to completion. It crashes out every time I run it. Firstly, if I use the program to generate it's own grid it fails because I am modelling somewhere not covered by the tidal database (A little too much localisation there I fear). Secondly, when I generate my own grid and run my own run to get the fort.53 and fort.54 files and then try the LTEA the program just crashes out completely. It doesn't give any messages, I just get asked which debugger I would like to use:(

Any help on using this would be great.

Thanks

Ian

Hi,

I have been trying to generate a grid that will actually run and haven't as yet managed to generate one that will run with a resolution of less than about 1km. Anyway I looked at the LTEA gridding option and thought that that might help. I have yet to get the program to run to completion. It crashes out every time I run it. Firstly, if I use the program to generate it's own grid it fails because I am modelling somewhere not covered by the tidal database (A little too much localisation there I fear). Secondly, when I generate my own grid and run my own run to get the fort.53 and fort.54 files and then try the LTEA the program just crashes out completely. It doesn't give any messages, I just get asked which debugger I would like to use:(

Any help on using this would be great.

Thanks

Ian

Send your files to support@aquaveo.com so we can look at them. If your files are to big put them on ftp://pubftp.ems-i.com/upload/. Make sure they are zipped up with everything we need. Send us an email with the steps you follow so we can find the crash.

Cameron

Send your files to support@aquaveo.com so we can look at them. If your files are to big put them on ftp://pubftp.ems-i.com/upload/. Make sure they are zipped up with everything we need. Send us an email with the steps you follow so we can find the crash.

Cameron

Was a solution found for this problem? I'm trying my first attempt at gridding with LTEA in the Arabian Sea/Gulf of Oman area and SMS crashes whenever I try to run it.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

LTEA gridding seems to work in the new version 10 release but not in 9.2 version. Is there any way that the 9.2 version could have a patch applied so that LTEA gridding works in it. (I can't afford to upgrade after only 3 months)

Ian

Hi,

LTEA gridding seems to work in the new version 10 release but not in 9.2 version. Is there any way that the 9.2 version could have a patch applied so that LTEA gridding works in it. (I can't afford to upgrade after only 3 months)

Ian

Yeah, I worked with Cameron to get it to work in v10.0. You should be eligible for the free upgrade to v10.0. My school purchased it July/August and we're eligible. I contacted Emily Danielczyk and she's supposed to be sending me a new password for free.

Chris

Thanks for that. I will get in touch and try and get an upgrade.

Ian

Hi,

I am also having the same problem in LTEA gridding. I am using v9.2 SMS. Could you get free update for v10.0 ? Are you able to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Abhi

Abhi,

With the release of SMS v10.0, Aquaveo switched to a maintenance model for this and future versions of SMS. You will no longer have to pay upgrade fees for each new version; rather, you will automatically receive future versions through your annual maintenance fee of 15% for each SMS license. Your annual maintenace will also include intermediate updates and technical support.

If you currently have SMS v9.0 or higher licenses, you only need to keep your maintenance current in order to upgrade to version v10.1. If you currently have older versions of SMS, you will first have to upgrade your license to SMS v9.2 at current upgrade fees, then pay the 15% annual maintenance fee. If you are not current on maintenance for v10.0, you will need to bring your maintenance up to date for v10.1.

Annual Maintenance - 15% of version 10.1 pricing for your license

- Call for quote. 801-302-1400

See http://www.aquaveo.com/sms-pricing