GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Bruce Campbell

Updating Pumping Data

I am trying to update a model that is in GMS 6.0. The current model has pumping data for about 3000 wells for the time period of 1900 to 2004. I need to append the pumping files (map side) with pumping data for the years 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and project pumping out to 2050. I tried importing text files with the pumping data for 2005-2008, but the original data was overwritten. Is there an easy way to do this? I do have the original files for the 1900 to 2004 data, but when I tried to re-import them, my solution did not match exactly. Is there a way to output the well files with pumping data, compile them with the new pumping data, and re-import?

Any help would be appreciated.

I would like to know how to export from GMS transient pumping data from multiple wells.

The data will ultimately look like this:

WellName Date Time ExtractionRate

3509101 10/1/2003 00:00:00 0

3509101 11/1/2003 00:00:00 0

3509101 12/1/2003 00:00:00 0

3509101 1/1/2004 00:00:00 0

3509101 2/1/2004 00:00:00 0

Would appreciate any help possible.

MW

Unfortunately, there is not an automated method to export well transient pumping data for all wells in the format you'd like it to be in. However you can export out the pumping data for each well (if you have them assigned as feature points in the map module) by following the steps below.

1. Double click on a feature point representing a well with transient pumping data

2. Select the button in the "Flow rate" column with the three dots to bring up the XY Series Editor

3. Select the "Export..." button

4. Specify the file name and location and then select "Save"

I realize that with many wells this will be a tedious process. I am therefore submitting this as a feature request to the GMS developers. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 2

Has there been any progress with the GMS developers "fixing" this item? It would seem to be be pretty elementary and important for most users to be able to import a set of transient data for multiple wells from one model to the next. Thanks, MW.