GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Werner Macho

Time steps: default view

Hi!

Is there a way to set a default view for Time steps when loading .dat files?

Everytime I open SMS and load a 2dm together with a .dat file (I'm using hydro_as-2d) I've been asked in which Time Units I'll load the dat file (In my case seconds).

Afterwards I've the "Time steps:" in the lower left corner but they are always set to "days hh:mm:ss" but I'd like them to be in seconds only.

Manually setting them to seconds (with Edit->Time settings...) works (of course) but allthough I tried several times in different ways it keeps not being remembered (even when I do a "File -> Save Settings") and thats a bit annoying couse most of my data is set to seconds.

Is something wrong with my installation or is this setting not included in "Save Settings"?

Am I doing something wrong?

thx for answers!

regards

Werner

Save settings should have saved this. I bet it was an oversight. We'll look into it and see if we can get it fixed.

Hi!

Is there a way to set a default view for Time steps when loading .dat files?

Everytime I open SMS and load a 2dm together with a .dat file (I'm using hydro_as-2d) I've been asked in which Time Units I'll load the dat file (In my case seconds).

Afterwards I've the "Time steps:" in the lower left corner but they are always set to "days hh:mm:ss" but I'd like them to be in seconds only.

Manually setting them to seconds (with Edit->Time settings...) works (of course) but allthough I tried several times in different ways it keeps not being remembered (even when I do a "File -> Save Settings") and thats a bit annoying couse most of my data is set to seconds.

Is something wrong with my installation or is this setting not included in "Save Settings"?

Am I doing something wrong?

thx for answers!

regards

Werner