GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Gabriele

TUFLOW: rainfall and bridges

Hi everybody,

I have recently started using TUFLOW. I have a couple of questions.

1) I would like to use rainfall data (either gridded or point) as input instead of the "Flow vs. Time" upstream and "WSE vs. Time" at the downstream. Is it possible? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Any documentation I can read? Tutorials?

2) Besides the "Feature Stamping" tutorial, can anybody suggest me any website or material to help me implement it in TUFLOW?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you very much,

Gabriele

Edited by Gabriele

Hi Gabriele,

I'll do my best to help you along.

1) The SMS interface allows you to specify rainfall data in polygons. You can specify either a depth of rain per time (mm/hr) or a flowrate across the entire polygon (useful if you want to apply flows computed from a hydrology model). Just create a polygon in a boundary condition coverage and specify the attributes. I believe the TUFLOW engine itself allows you to vary rainfall based on point information, this is not currently supported in the interface.

2) I'm not sure if there is more information on how to use feature stamping with TUFLOW. To use feature stamping with TUFLOW, you need to create a modified scatter set and use this scatter set as the bathymetry when creating your TUFLOW grid. Another option with TUFLOW is to modify geometry using a geometry modification coverage. It allows you to modify geometry along a line or polygon. It is particularly useful for enforcing high/low points on levees or channels. See http://xmswiki.com/wiki/index.php5?title=S...operties_Dialog.

Hi everybody,

I have recently started using TUFLOW. I have a couple of questions.

1) I would like to use rainfall data (either gridded or point) as input instead of the "Flow vs. Time" upstream and "WSE vs. Time" at the downstream. Is it possible? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Any documentation I can read? Tutorials?

2) Besides the "Feature Stamping" tutorial, can anybody suggest me any website or material to help me implement it in TUFLOW?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you very much,

Gabriele