GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
walkington

Film Loop

Hi,

I am trying to make an avi film of my adcirc transient output. Unfortunately whenever I try and generate the film it crashes out after complaining about the Set Top Box implementations of VP60... I used to be able to choose whichever codec I wanted then, but now it just crashes:(

Any ideas?

Ian

PS I am using 10.0.6.

PPS Just updated to 10.0.8 and the same problem is happening:(

Edited by walkington

Does it happen for every codec or just certain ones?

Hi,

I am trying to make an avi film of my adcirc transient output. Unfortunately whenever I try and generate the film it crashes out after complaining about the Set Top Box implementations of VP60... I used to be able to choose whichever codec I wanted then, but now it just crashes:(

Any ideas?

Ian

PS I am using 10.0.6.

PPS Just updated to 10.0.8 and the same problem is happening:(

Does it happen for every codec or just certain ones?

In the past it seems to have given me this error whichever codec I have chosen, but at least it would let me choose a codec. Now it just crashes:(

Ian

Hi,

This is getting to the point where I actually need to present results and videos always go down well :rolleyes: Do you think that if I uninstalled and then reinstalled it may reset the problem and start running again, or is a problem with the newer versions?

Thanks

Ian

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I'm not aware of others having this same problem so I don't know if it was a problem that was introduced or if there is something wrong with the CODECs installed on your machine.

Do you have another machine that you could install SMS on and try to use? If so, contact technical support and get a temporary password to get you up and running. If that gets you past the immediate problem, let's work through technical support to try to determine what is happening with your primary machine.

I'll let technical support know of the situation as I see it and they will get me involved if and when I am needed.

Rusty

Hi,

This is getting to the point where I actually need to present results and videos always go down well :rolleyes: Do you think that if I uninstalled and then reinstalled it may reset the problem and start running again, or is a problem with the newer versions?

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

You may want to try removing the codec that appears to be causing the problem (Set Top Box implementations of VP60?) and seeing if you can use a different codec. Do you know where this codec came from? If we are able to install it on our test machine, we might be able to reproduce the problem. It looks like that particular codec requires image dimensions that are multiples of 32 wide and multiples of 16 high.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I have unistalled my additional codecs and the film loop worked again after I had removed the K-Lite codec pack and the GOM viewer. The film loop has worked with the K-Lite codec pack installed before so I don't know whether it was a combination of both things or not... I will just live without the codec pack for now :)

Thanks again

Ian

Ian,

Are the K-Lite codec pack and the GOM viewer available for download somewhere? If so, can you provide a link so we can investigate the problem further.

Thanks,

John

Ian,

I have reported it as an issue and asked that when it is resolved, a post be made on this thread.

- John

Hi, I am trying to create an uncompressed or low compress animation using film loop. I only have two options when selecting the codec in SMS 11.2.9: Microsoft Video 1 and Intel IYUV codec. Microsoft Video 1 produces a grainy video even when using the highest quality. IYUV codec changes drastically the colors I defined originally.  Also, after reading the wiki link   I tried installing the ffdshow 64 bit windows 7, but SMS does not seem to recognize the new codecs after the installation. Do you have any suggestion on how to increase the resolution of the video.

Thanks!

Eduardo.