GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
moose

SMPDBK using WMS

Hello,

I have set up the hydraulic model in WMS following all the steps in volume III of the WMS tutorials. However, after runnung the SMPDBK simulation I'm having troubles with Post-Processing. After completing the Floodplain Delineation window the option to click 'OK' is not there to move to the next step and view the output. This seems like a minor problem, but I can't figure it out. Does this have to do with registry or how the program was downloaded? If anyone knows what's up here, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Moose

Hi Moose,

The only reason the OK button would be disabled is if you do not have a TIN, a scatter point set, and a stage data set defined at the top of the floodplain delineation dialog. My guess is that you are missing one of these three essential data. You probably have a TIN if you were able to extract cross sections and run SMPDBK. Probably what happened is that there was an error running SMPDBK that needs to be fixed in your model. Look at the SMPDBK output file (it's just a text file) and try to find any error messages in that file.

Chris

Hi Moose,

The only reason the OK button would be disabled is if you do not have a TIN, a scatter point set, and a stage data set defined at the top of the floodplain delineation dialog. My guess is that you are missing one of these three essential data. You probably have a TIN if you were able to extract cross sections and run SMPDBK. Probably what happened is that there was an error running SMPDBK that needs to be fixed in your model. Look at the SMPDBK output file (it's just a text file) and try to find any error messages in that file.

Chris

Hi Mohammd,

WMS does not read the hydrograph from the SMPDBK output file. However, I think dam break the hydrograph is in the SMPDBK output file, so you should be able to open the SMPDBK .out file and browse through it to get the hydrograph.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Chris