GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jersey

nodestring problem

Everytime that I try to create a nodestring and then select the nodestring using the select nodestring options the program locks up along with my computer and I have to re-boot. I have tried using both SMS 10.0.3 & 10.0.7 both versions yield the same result. What do I need to do?

Hi,

I haven't seen this before and not quite sure what is happening. What mesh model are you using? Does it happen only with a specific mesh or does it happen if you click out a few nodes and create a small mesh? If possible, contact support@aquaveo.com and get them the files that you are working with. They can get the information to the developers so this can be fixed.

Everytime that I try to create a nodestring and then select the nodestring using the select nodestring options the program locks up along with my computer and I have to re-boot. I have tried using both SMS 10.0.3 & 10.0.7 both versions yield the same result. What do I need to do?

Hi,

I haven't seen this before and not quite sure what is happening. What mesh model are you using? Does it happen only with a specific mesh or does it happen if you click out a few nodes and create a small mesh? If possible, contact support@aquaveo.com and get them the files that you are working with. They can get the information to the developers so this can be fixed.

I am using a patch mesh in two of the polygons and a paving in another. I have tried the node string on both types of mesh. I have not tried diffeerent mesh.

Edited by Jersey

I am using a patch mesh in two of the polygons and a paving in another. I have tried the node string on both types of mesh. I have not tried diffeerent mesh.

I tried to send the files but it was to big. Is there an ftp site that I can put them on?

Hi,

I have the same problem. how did they solve it?

thanks

Mohamed Ali

Hi,

Every time that I try to select the nodestring using the select nodestring options the program locks up along with my computer and I have to re-boot. when i tried the same file with another SMS version. it works correctly. when i start to use it again with my newer version (SMS.10) it hung up.

more over when i was at my home and use SMS remotely it works fine as well???????

any advise

Mohamed Ali,

I believe the problem was solved when the user updated their graphics card drivers. Your IT department should be able to help you get the latest drivers. The following page discusses how to update your graphics card drivers:

http://xmswiki.com/xms/Graphics_Card_Troubleshooting

You can always try using the windows update website and using the "custom" update so it includes hardware updates, although this doesn't work for all hardware.

Let us know if this helps please.

- John

Mohamed Ali,

I believe the problem was solved when the user updated their graphics card drivers. Your IT department should be able to help you get the latest drivers. The following page discusses how to update your graphics card drivers:

http://xmswiki.com/xms/Graphics_Card_Troubleshooting

You can always try using the windows update website and using the "custom" update so it includes hardware updates, although this doesn't work for all hardware.

Let us know if this helps please.

- John

It works now. :D :D :D :D

Thanks