GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Peifeng

How to "build polygons" in SMS 10.0.3

Dear all,

I am using SMS10.0.3 to creat my 2D grid system. I follow a tutorial for SMS8.0 which use "build polygons" ... to create meshes. However, there is no "build polygons" in SMS10.0.3. I am wondering what is the alternative function of "build polygons" in SMS10.0.3. Any help is appreciated.

best,

Peifeng

John,

Thank you very much. I thought "build polygons" is in mesh module.

Now I am able to build polygons. Then I got another problem when I tryied to generate 2D meshes by slecting the polygons and clicking "Feature objects"--"Map-2D mesh". It gives "A mesh must exist to assign materials to the area coverage". I don't get this error message when doing it with SMS8.0. Do you have any idea about solving this problem?

Appreciate it,

Peifeng

Peifeng,

I believe you are using an "Area Property" coverage. Area property coverages are not used to generate a 2D mesh. Verify that the coverage type is correctly set (right click on the coverage in the Project Explorer). The coverage type should match the model you are using. See the article on Coverage Types for further explanation.

- John

Peifeng,

What model are you using with the Generic Model Interface? I ask because we recently learned of models that use SMS for mesh generation that we previously didn't know about.

Thanks,

John