GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Jim Mills

SMS 13.0 PostSRH-2D error

I'm getting ".srhhydro input file not found. To read an _XMDFC.h5 solution file, the simulation's .srhhydro and .srhgeom files must be in the same directory"

SRH-2D ran without an error and gave a good monitor point plot.

Does the .sms project file need to be in some directory in relation to sms program files? This was not an issue with version 12

Local IT does not give permission to save project files in C:\ drive with program files, and I can't see that being a normal way to run a big program like this.

I looked in the SRH-2D directory for the Sim I ran and found the .srhgeom and .srhhyddro files both there. But, they were named after the main .sms project file, while all the other files were named after the Simulation Description and/or Case Name in the Model Control (both have same name).

I changed the Simulation Description and Case Name to be the same as the main .sms project file, ran it and got output with no errors. Why these have to be the same I have no idea.