GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Shahidul Islam

Scatter Module: Interpolate to map

Hi,

I want to interpolate elevations from the active scatter set to the nodes and vertices of arcs. But, when I turn on scatter module, interpolate to map from scatter option doesn't work. It seems  dim. How can I perform this ?

Screenshot.jpg

The "Interpolate to Map" option should become undimmed if you have a coverage selected (active) that has feature objects in it. Make sure you have a map coverage selected that has feature objects in it and then try to access the command again.

Actually, I want to draw domain coverage like the picture attached below. But, feature arc can be drawn only on plan view. So, I am trying to interpolate elevations from scatter sets to nodes and vertices. Without any feature object present in active coverage, "interpolate to map option" doesn't work.  If you have any idea on drawing such type of feature arc, share with me.

q.JPG

It sounds like you want to create feature objects from scatter data . To do that, you'll need to use one of the convert options available by right-clicking on the scatter set in the Project Explorer and selecting "Convert | ..." . The options to convert from scatter to map include converting the boundary of the scatter set to feature arcs, scatter breaklines to feature arcs, or scatter contours to feature arcs. 

The interpolate from scatter to map tool you were trying to use is intended to interpolate values from a scatter set to existing feature objects in the active map coverage.