GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
waterrocks

SMS SRH2d missing entries - wrong number of N values?

Hello fellow water modelers

Today SMS and SRH2D have given a new error to work through. It says "wrong number of entries N_values" (see below). I checked the materials coverage and rebuilt/renumbered the polygons. I also double checked the boundary arcs and I am not seeing what is going on.  

Any help would be appreciated:)

wrong number of entries.png

I have had this error before. It appears that your channel arc was from an elevation contour? Redistribute the vertices to have less along the arc. That should fix your problem. Please let me know if it works or not.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:17 AM, Donald Hendon said:

I have had this error before. It appears that your channel arc was from an elevation contour? Redistribute the vertices to have less along the arc. That should fix your problem. Please let me know if it works or not.

Thank you for your message. I did not have any extra vertices along any of the boundary condition arcs.  Any other ideas?

On 11/12/2018 at 10:53 AM, Donald Hendon said:

I am not talking about the BC. Redistribute the vertices in your material coverage arcs.

It worked! I misunderstood you at first, but I reduced the number of vertices where I could to simplify the material polygons. 

Thank you!