GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mina.88

calculation of flow in GHB boundary By GMS

Hello all,

I used GHB boundary at three parts of the model that there are total flow in and out in flow bouget. But I want to compute the flow in and out of GHB boundary in each part. I don't know how can I compute that, if it is possible let me know what the workflow is?

Sincerely

Mina

Edited by mina.88

Hi mina, you can compute the flow in and out of each part using two methods:
1-    You can interactively select the cells of each part, and then compute the flow budget only for those selected cells and see the flow values for each part under the “HEAD DEP BOUNDS”.
2-    You can define Zone Budget IDs for each part, either directly on the 3D Grid, or using a new coverage in the conceptual model and converting the conceptual model to Grid model. You have then to re-run the model and re-compute the Flow Budget. You can then see the flow budget for each zone,which in this case represents your model parts (instead of all cells). 

Right-click the cells in the area, right-click and select "Flow Budget". This will show you the flow budget of the selected cells. There's a tutorial called ZONEBUDGET that might be helpful.