GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
cansudemir

Transient PEST Run with Pilot Points

Hello dear users and the developers,

I am having a problem with Transient PEST calibration (GMS version 10.2.3). My model consists of 1 layer UGrid and have boundary conditions of specified head (along the coast, 0) and GHB. I have done several PEST runs with 90 pilot points in steady state condition. It worked and got results. In the calibration window, it was showing the flow of parameters changing, the graph was being drawn. Then, I changed it to 7 years long transient model. The forward transient run with MODFLOW-USG was successfully done. But when it comes to transient PEST calibration with 90 pilot points, there is nothing going on in the window. No parameters showing up, just the time passes and it says parameter estimation finished. But no results. When I close it with "read the solution", it gives an error saying that: 

boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\GMS_10980\ppest\slave1\GMS FILE NAME.ba6"

During the Parallel PEST run, several cmd.exe are working besides pslave.exe. In the cmd.exe, there is something written by the developer:

"Note: This program reads a MODFLOW-USG unformatted file. Sometimes there are problems in reading files of this type due to incompatibilities between different FORTRAN compliers. If there are any such problems please contact ... and I will send you an alternative copy of this program."

Can this be the problem of mine in my case? Should I contact the person to ask for the alternative copy? Or what do you recommend?

Thank you!

Best,

Cansu

Edited by cansudemir