GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Coverages on the same plane

New SMS user here... just wondering, does it matter if all the coverages are on the same plane? I have noticed that when you switch to the 3D mode, depending on what coverages are visible when you create them, they appear in different planes. I am just wondering if this is what is causing my model to crash. I have run a successful model, but I never actually noticed this scenario. Now, this model won't run, and I am curious as to if this is the reason? Any advise or knowledge pertaining to this situation would be great! I have attached 2 separate pictures showing both scenarios encase my explanation was poor. Thanks!

Ex 1.png

Ex 2.png

mikeg20, the Z location of the features in the SRH-2D Boundary conditions type coverage displayed in your two images is not important.  That is the case for most map coverages with a few exceptions. Since it appears you are using SRH-2D the one SRH coverage type which does make an exception is the SRH-2D Obstructions coverage which uses the z location of arcs and points to define it's position in the z direction.