GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
pablogonzlz

2dm mesh cannot be linked to SRH-2D simulation

Hello!

I have a mesh file in the .2dm format, supported by SMS. I wish to use it in a SRH-2D simulation. 

The file is opened correctly by SMS, however I cannot seem to be able to link it to the simulation in the project explorer. The option "link to" is not available when I right-click on the mesh.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you,

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

If the mesh won't link to the SRH-2D simulation that means that the mesh is incompatible with SRH-2D.

To make it compatible with SRH-2D, you'll first need to make sure that the mesh has linear elements. If it doesn't, you can convert to linear elements by selecting "Elements | Linear <-> Quadratic". The other thing you'll need to do is make sure the model it is associated with is "Generic Mesh". You can do this by selecting "Data | Switch Current Model" then selecting "Generic Mesh". 

You should be able to link the mesh to the SRH-2D simulation after making these changes. If it still won't link, there may be something else about the mesh that makes it incompatible with SRH-2D that you'll need to address.