GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Milad

salt water upconing modelling with SWI and SEAWAT

Hi,

I made a model with solids and materials in GMS and then I used HUF package to define uniform model layers (cells with same thickness in Z directions).

in eahc layer I have about 62500 cells (50 by 50 meter each).

now I want to add salt into model and run 2 simulation one with 200 year and one with 150 years.

MT3DMS run in each takes about  1.5 hour for each one.

for SEAWAT I set transport time step to 365 days (one year) but it changes to one day and it takes for ever to be finished! (it does not even give me how long would it take for the model to reach the resullts!)

I thought having uniform layers will help SEAWAT  to be faster!

And one more thing, each model is about 20 to 30 GB!

is there any way to make it faster? and  lighter?

I wanted to run SWI for faster calculation time but it gives me an error which says HUF layers are not compatible with SWI!

is there a problem with my model layers? or HUF and SWI don't work together? is it possible to run SWI with HUF?

is there any way to export the HUF layer data and use it in LPF? because the input files with HUF are different. there is only one big text file with all the data for HUF and it does not have data of cells!

I could not find if they are compatible or not in Moflow USGS site ( https://water.usgs.gov/ogw/modflow-lgr/MODFLOW-LGR-Guide/index.html?package_incompatibilities.htm ).