GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
bpalmer

Retriangulating to remove embankment

I have a scatterset that includes a roadway embankment, but I need the roadway embankment to be removed to model unconstricted conditions. To do this, I deleted the triangles forming the embankment (shown below) then from the Triangulate tab, clicked "Triangulate". Every time I do that, the deleted triangles show back up and I've got an embankment again. 

Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.2e7e79b1c8c1e2841ccd867b83fe229d.png

Try selecting the points that represent the embankment, and deleting them, then re-triangulate.  Make a copy of the scatterset to alter first though, just in case.

Edited by DHendon

DHendon is right. You can delete the triangles, but the scatter points at the triangle edges will remain in the scatter set and be triangulated again. You can turn on scatter points in the display options and see where the points are that are representing the embankment. If you select and delete those points and then triangulate, your embankment should be removed. Making a copy of the original is always a good idea.

-Cody

That worked! Something else that I learned from DHendon is that you can press Ctrl before selecting points to draw a polygon around the points you want to select. Holding down Ctrl when selecting triangles allows you to draw a line through the triangles yo uwant to select