GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
KRobison

Problems With Pressure BC

Hi everyone,

I am having problems with my pressure Boundary Conditions (BC), for some reason the water will not flow through the BC that I have made. Though everything is set up for it, the materials are not assigned in the mesh areas of the bridge, the BCs are on the proper ends and are resting on the mesh netting edges, and I have checked the elevations for the area many times in both the mesh and the BC settings. Does anyone have a clue why it is not functioning properly. If so please let me know.

Thanks!

Capture.png

Capture2.PNG

SRH-2D pressure flow structures are different than the other SRH-2D structures. For weirs, culverts, and gates it used to be recommended that you leave the materials for area between the structure arcs "unassigned", that is something that has recently changed. SRH-2D now will inactivate these areas when it runs the model, which is one less thing we have to try and remember to do now. 

Pressure flow structures actually need a material assigned to them because the area between the structure arcs (bridge deck) never gets unassigned. The 2D simulation results are computed in that area and represent the flow beneath the bridge deck.

Try assigning a channel roughness to the polygon beneath the bridge and everything should run correctly.

-Cody