GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Hi,

I want to create solids from a rather complex geological environment with some thin layering (2m) throughout the domain. Once i do the conversion from horizons to solids and use borehole data and manually created crossections, the realization diminishes the finer layering structure at the bottom of my geological model exten. But keeps the finer layers in the upper parts of  the domain

This problem seems to occur after a certain depth where one major unit erroneously takes over the lower parts of the solids.

Anyone, who has some suggestions for a solution?

It could be that some shallower boreholes are throwing things off for you if they don't go down deep enough to define your layering.  I know that in the past I have made polygons in my cross sections which extend downward from a shallow borehole to help fix this issue.  I can't say it will work for your situation - you may just have to either put in a dummy borehole or remove the shallow one.

Thanks Sean,

when I manipulate the shallow boreholes to extent them to deeper areas, results get better and layering is introduced in deeper parts aswell. So that helped, Thanks!